Thursday 15 July 2010

We Jammin

I thought I would see absolutely tons of strawberries this year.  Actually I did see tons, but unfortunately they all came in about a 10 day period.  Perhaps if I watered them a bit more I would have seen more fruits but the whole patch seemed to stop producing simultaneously, as if there was some fruit plant workers strike! Actually, the plants might be getting a bit tired as this is their 4th or 5th year but I still managed to squeeze a batch of strawberry jam out of them.  I found a very simple but tasty recipe on the BBC web site. The recipe is by Sophie Grigson and I highly recommend it for small batches of jam that will be consumed within the next 6 months or so.

Next stop Blackberries, Loganberries and Raspberries.

Here is the link for the Jam and a few pictures my evening Jammin session!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/get_cooking/recipes/071.shtml






No comments: