Friday 30 July 2010

Garlic

It has been a great year for Garlic, however that may be only because I really tried to cover all bases by planting different types at a lot of different times.  I am also trying to get better at plaiting them up once they have been harvested in order to let them dry in the kitchen and give that rustic French farmhouse look!




My Garlic was planted in about 4 different stages.  The first one was way back in Sept09 and from there I also planted in Oct, Nov and Feb10.  This is quite a good picture of the progress they were making as of May.
Garlic May10
There is a few rows of shallots in the front of the photo, then comes the garlic I planted in November, and then the Garlic that I planted at the end of Sept last year.  The September garlic (I need to double check the variety) did the best by far but that may have been down to the fact that they were so well established before our snowy winter.

No comments: