Monday 12 July 2010

Mid July Update - Harvest in Full Swing

I feel like I am gardening in the Med this year!  My rosemary, thyme, lavender and basil have all enjoyed bathing in the sun everyday for at least the last 3 weeks or so.  The chiles, tomatoes and even the aubergine are all displaying their fruits proudly.  Even I begrudgingly don't mind the endless trips back and forth between tap and plant with the watering can, as I would exchange that exercise any day for a boring treadmill.  However I do allow my helpers use of the communal hose on occasion.

















Since the beginning of July, there hasn't been too many meals that haven't had at least one portion of veg from the allotment.  Onions, garlic, broccoli, beetroot, Swiss chard, and courgettes have all been enjoyed on a regular basis.  This coupled with the earlier harvest of Asparagus, a few carrots, peas and an abundance of lettuce it has been a good year already and hopefully the best is yet to come!






No comments: