Thursday 11 March 2010

March Indoor Sowing - Brassicas, Lettuce, Herbs

March Indoor Planting
In a non heated propagator, on my windowsill, using degradable pots (the kind that you put in the ground when you plant outside).  I usually put in 2 to 3 seeds per pot to ensure one grows.  If all three grow I do my best to salvage the extras to their own pot.

05th - Lettuces and a Couple more Tomatoes
  1. Lettuce - Romaine x 4 pots
  2. Lettuce - Valmaine x 4 pots
  3. Lettuce - Mizuna x 3 pots
  4. Lettuce - Artic King x 3 pots
  5. Tomato - Tumbling Tom x 2 pots
03rd - Brassicas
  1. Broccoli - Wok Broc x 3 pots
  2. Broccoli - Calabrese x 4 pots
  3. Cauliflower - Romanesco Veronica x 3 pots
  4. Cauliflower - Goodman x 4 pots
  5. Kohl Rabi - Red and White x 1 pot
  6. Brussels Sprouts x 2 pots
Update - I am a bit worried about this planting.  I may have kept them in the warmth too long after they germinated because they are a bit spindly (2 inches or so).  I have put them outside and hopefully they will recover.

01st - Herbs
  1. Basil - Sweet Genovese x 6 pots
  2. Parsley - Flat Leaf x 3 pots
Update - Most seed have come through although it seemed to take awhile (12Mar).


No comments: