Thursday 25 February 2010

February Indoor Sowing - Chilies, Tomatoes, Aubergines, Herbs

Time to get the windowsill season off to a flying start and get some of my favourite foods on the go!  I am really going to try successional sowing for many things this year to avoid the all of nothing issue. So you might see several of these entries many times in the coming months.

February Indoor Sowing - Chilies, Tomatoes, Aubergines, Herbs
In a non heated propagator, on my windowsill, using degradable pots (the kind that you put in the ground when you plant outside).  I usually put in 2 to 3 seeds per pot to ensure one grows.  If all three grow I do my best to salvage the extras to their own pot.

17th - Tomatoes, Aubergine, Herbs
  1. Tomato - Roma x 5 pots
  2. Tomato - Marmande x 5 pots
  3. Tomato - San Marzano x 5 pots
  4. Aubergine - Black Beauty x 2 pots
  5. Thyme - English x 1 tray
  6. Lavender - English x 1 tray
  7. Peas - Sweet Peas x 4 pots
15th - Chilies
  1. Chilies - Mixed Seed x 6 pots
  2. Chilies - Fuego x 6 pots
  3. Chilies - Cayenne x 4 pots













No comments: